Our Flagship Project
Silver Vista Project British Columbia
Three large claim blocks, recently connected as a contiguous claim block. The Silver Vista property is located in north - central British Columbia, approximately 55 km northeast of Smithers and 300 km NW of northern B.C.'s regional hub city of Prince George. The region is served by existing transportation, power infrastructure, and is connected by CN Rail at Smithers to the deep water port at Prince Rupert. In addition, a skilled local work force supports an active mineral exploration industry.
- Discovered in 1990 (limited 1252 metres of drilling)
- 2.84 meters averaged 195.7 g/t Ag and 3.65 % Cu at a depth of 192.62m
- Extensive geochemistry completed 2009-2013 defined soil geochemical anomalies, defined over 2.0 kilometers by 1.5 kilometers, with multiple other anomalies (silver, copper, zinc and gold) indicative of large mineralized system.
- February 2017 – Completed 100% option agreement with Multiple Metals & Amarc Resources Ltd.
- March 2017 – VTEM Survey and 43-101 report completed
- August 2017 – Reconnaissance program over the main (“MR showing) area.
- September – 2017 Prospecting and sampling program was completed over the Golden Vista area located approximately 22 kilometers northwest of the MR showing.
- Previously (2012) Amarc had conducted wide spaced soil geochemistry over the Golden Vista target and strongly anomalous gold-in soil values of 6.33, 2.81, 1.26, 1.21 and 0.65 parts per million gold (=g/tAu) were returned.
- The September program discovered five new mineralized areas, with rock samples from Target GV-2 returning 5.37 g/t Au, 110 g/t Ag, 5.05% Pb, and 11.60% Zn, and 16.9% g/t Au, 196 g/t Ag, 12.60% Pb and 11.90% Zn. Further investigation is planned in the summer of 2018 to define and extent the zones mineralization and establish drill targets over the Golden Vista Zones.
- Outcrop exposure is modest and soil sampling remains an effective tool to define buried targets. Silver values in the soils are enriched and widespread, with more than 37% of the soil samples returning plus one g/t Ag in the soils. The 90th percentile of the 53 soil samples is 0.11 g/t Au, 3.2 g/t Ag and 880 ppm lead (Pb). The Golden Vista discoveries are in an area 1,400 metres by 1,000 metres.
Phase 1: 1,500 To 2,500 Meter Diamond Drill Program Is Underway
- The Silver Vista property comprises approx. 207 square kilometers (20,736 ha).
- Silver Vista is a district scale property extending for 32 kilometers northwest by 8 - 11 km wide.
- Topography is dominated by gentle rolling hills in the SE portion, to steep rugged topography in the NW area, with elevations ranging from 480m to 2,340m.
- Logging activities have been active in the southwest portion of the property, with most targets readily accessible by logging roads.
- 1990 – Keefe found three malachite – azurite breccia showings.
- 1991 – Equity Silver Mines optioned the property and conducted a soil, stream geochemistry program and trenching
- 1991-1992 – Equity Silver Mines Ltd., completed 1,252.5 meter of NQ diamond drilling in 14 holes. This is the only drilling on the Silver Vista property.
- 2009 – Metal Mountain Resources Inc., optioned the property from Amina Weicker, and completed a soil sampling program. A NW-SE trending silver anomaly defined by values exceeding 1.5 g/t Ag. The anomaly is approximately 1,200 meters long and up to 300 meters wide and is open to the SE.
- July 2012 – Amarc Resources acquired its 100-per-cent interest in Silver Vista property from Metal Mountain Resources for $800,000.
- July 2012 – Amarc stakes 420 square kilometres of mineral claims in the Silver Vista region to cover prospective host rocks and anomalies.
- July – August 2012 – Amarc flies a 4,729 line-km airborne magnetic survey.
- July 2012 – August 2013 – Amarc completes an extensive geochemical survey over a wide area of the property. (8,325 samples)
- September 2012 – Amarc was permitted for a 14,000m diamond drill program
- 2013 – 2017 – Property sat idle due to market conditions
The Silver Vista property has excellent potential to host bulk-tonnage (open-pit) silver and copper deposits.
To date only 1,252.5 meters of drilling have been completed in 14 holes.
Seven holes returned significant silver-copper mineralization over widths up to 61 meters.
The Silver Vista property is permitted for 10,000 meters of drilling over 5 years, covering the “MR” showing targets and the Golden Vista zones discovered in the fall of 2017.
A new network of logging roads greatly increases access to the various targets.
The February 2017 VTEM survey has expanded and supported geochemical anomalous targets.
Phase 1: 1,500 to 2,500 meter Diamond Drill Program Is Underway
Establish bulk-tonnage silver-copper resources.